Friday 8 November 2013

Me, Myself and I.

Congratulations for stumbling across my little blog!

I’m really pleased that you have found me, and I do hope that you will stay for a while. At the moment there isn’t really a route or a destination for this blog: I will just see where it takes me. Although I do already have a travel blog about my worldwide adventures, I find that I don’t get to update it as often as I would like. This new blog seems to be the solution, as I will be able to write posts as and when the mood takes me. I have been reading blogs for quite some time now, and have been inspired by the stories of bloggers such as Zoella and Sprinkle of Glitter to write my own blog and to give it a go – I suppose it can’t hurt.

So, a little more about me. I am 19 years old, and currently on a gap year – therefore working all of the hours that God sends at the moment, to be able to afford to go travelling in February. I’m hoping to study Spanish at university, and will therefore enjoy spending the majority of my gap year in South America. When I’ve not got my head in a book, I really enjoy being on stage. I absolutely adore musical theatre, and will be performing with my local group fairly soon after Christmas. No doubt there will be theatre trips galore, and general ranting and raving about musicals! Another thing that I really enjoy (that I should probably do a lot more of) is baking. I find it really relaxing, and at the same time productive, with a delicious treat at the end. I wish I had more time to bake, but occasionally at the weekend I’ll whip up a mean lemon drizzle cake.

                                            FAVOURITE PLACE
I have to say that my favourite country as a whole that I have ever been to has to be Cuba. I had the absolute time of my life, and really enjoyed speaking Spanish and living life on ‘Cuban time’. I do have a blog post about this on my travel blog, if you would like to check it out. However, my favourite single ‘spot’, in the world has to be Times Square, I felt dazzled and inspired by the twinkling lights and the hubbub of the city as a whole.


FAVOURITE MOVIE
Okay, so this one is fairly easy. Ever since I was a small child, I have always loved the Narnia books – and therefore the movies too! There was a series made by the BBC in the 1990s which we had on video, yes video (!) that I would watch over and over and over and over again. The new movies were a welcome upgrade, but the vintage Narnia films will never be far from the top of my favourites list. More modern day films I enjoy would include; Shutter Island, Inception, Avatar and Titanic. Fairly standard human being response there, I know.



FAVOURITE MUSICAL                         
This is, without a shadow of a doubt the musical ‘Oliver’. I adore the characters and their gritty determination, the historical references and of course the music that accompanies it all beautifully. I always get lost in the story, and I have watched the DVD more times than I can even bear to count. Actually, I was admitted to hospital for pneumonia for a week when I was about ten years old, and I watched it wall-to-wall, 24/7 practically the whole time that I was conscious.


FAVOURITE SEASON

My favourite season is Spring. I love the changes that happen, and the beautiful new flowers beginning to emerge. It gives me the sense that the world is waking up after a cosy festive slumber. Life can start again, and I can start life afresh on a new page. New Year’s resolutions are in full swing by this time, and I’m feeling very motivated! It’s still not warm so you get those lovely crisp mornings, with the sunshine streaming through the tiny leaves beginning to grow on the trees. Beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment