Monday 18 November 2013

Gap Yah

I may have mentioned previously that I am on a gap year. I needed some time away  to really think about what I wanted to do and what direction I wanted life to take me in. It seems that many people (in fact the majority that I have spoken to) wish that they had had some time to really take stock.

However, I don't intend to let the grass grow under my feet this year, and I am trying to make the most of the time that I have. At the moment, I work 7 days a week - and have a day off less than once a month. Having said that, it's not as difficult as it sounds because it is just temp work. It has motivated me to make the most of my university degree, once I head off post-travelling. I plan to go to; Burma, Thailand, Ecuador, Peru, Costa Rica, Honduras, Nicaraguas and Mexico. Alongside the inevitable sight seeing I will also be doing my bit for the local community by means of volunteering and the like. Here's hoping that it will be an invaluable experience.

At the moment I'm just tired and frustrated, and let's face it - if I can't rant here on my own blog then where can I?! It's really, really hard work and I'm just longing for the day that I can go away and forget about everything. Spend the days in pursuit of nothing other than my own enjoyment. Relax in the sunshine, or visit some old and long-forgotten old corner of the world. See old friends who live in other countries, and make new friends in foreign lands. This world is so huge, and I feel like there is SO much to see that I just can't wait to get out there.

But for now, I'm just biding my time and saving up the money. There's nothing else to be said apart from "It'll all be worth it", which is repeated to me millions of times a day, after a long hard day. I know it'll all come right in the end, and I'm not regretting what I am doing and the decisions that I am making, but that doesn't make it any easier to be at work all the time. Some day, I would like to own my own company, giving me the freedom to do as I please and at the same time, be really involved in the crux of the business. Hopefully an international company, allowing me to keep exploring the wonderful world that I am a part of.

Rant over.

No comments:

Post a Comment